Well today is Update Tuesday..... Again

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks like there were some windows updates today.
Several for office and assorted others, among which was
KB3081436 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081436
Not seeing much in that list that addresses some of the bugs our members and guests are experiencing.
Maybe next time??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
My PC has been "waiting on download" for lots of updates this morning - normally it's super quick to download, but these ones are taking their time, strange!

I hope you're right that we'll see some of these common bugs addressed sometime soon, there seem to be a few problems that keep cropping up.

Reaction score
I had the same, Ian. I found a restart and another look at the updates started it off correctly. But, I am being offered updates for a couple of Office components which I do not actually have installed (by me)

Reaction score
My PC has been "waiting on download" for lots of updates this morning - normally it's super quick to download, but these ones are taking their time, strange!
Yes the W10 updates seem take forever to download and install.
I have three identical PCs and they were all very slow so i knew it was a W10 feature. :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
My updates haven't budged since my last post, even after a restart :(.

Reaction score
Looks like there were some windows updates today.
Several for office and assorted others, among which was
KB3081436 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081436
Not seeing much in that list that addresses some of the bugs our members and guests are experiencing.
Maybe next time??
I haven't even figured out where to see what the updates are...can anyone tell me? I used to just go to updates...oh, my, I am NOT liking this Windows 10. so far

Reaction score
I also would like to know if I have received these updates, how can I tell?

Reaction score
To answer my own question, go to, Control Panel, Programs & Features, View Installed Updates.

Reaction score
I haven't even figured out where to see what the updates are...can anyone tell me? I used to just go to updates...oh, my, I am NOT liking this Windows 10. so far
type windows 10 updates in search the web and windows.

Reaction score
But isn't it ridiculous that I have to do that? And I miss the chance to pick and choose which updates I want. Now I am thinking of uninstalling W10, but I have been reading that people then have a lot of trouble w/their computers not working at all...what to do, what to do.

Reaction score
We all do. That's the price of a free upgrade, I'm afraid.
I think you misunderstood me. I was commenting on the upDATES, not the upgrades. In W7 I was able to deny the updates that I didn't want or use...now I don't know what half of them are for, and.....am slightly leery about uninstalling them, since I have read elsewhere on these forums that people have more problems when they uninstall something.

Reaction score
I know know how you feel, but give it time ! xp was not great on arrival but was sorted to be a good os. If Windows 10 is the last incarnation of Windows they must get it right over the next few months !?

Reaction score
It is a single and isolated issue. I am liking Windows 10, running 100%, as did Windows 8.1 before it. But, this small missing feature- to control the updates, might be the last straw to make me revert to windows 8.1.

Reaction score
I just don't get what all the fuss is about with updates? my 4 PC's always have gotten the updates which are mostly security updates and important to our PC and browser, they should be important to us as well. I have never had a problem related to updates and just do not understand why some folks do. I try to keep all software I have downloaded updated as well, using file hippo updater to tell me what has an update waiting, just incase I missed any.

Reaction score
I just don't get what all the fuss is about with updates? my 4 PC's always have gotten the updates which are mostly security updates and important to our PC and browser, they should be important to us as well. I have never had a problem related to updates and just do not understand why some folks do. I try to keep all software I have downloaded updated as well, using file hippo updater to tell me what has an update waiting, just incase I missed any.
I guess its down to we should decide which goes on our PC rather than not having an option.
After all our PCs belong to us and we should decide what goes on and what we dont want.
Before there were lots of optional updates which we could chose which ones we needed i dont want things like language packs but we may not have that choice anymore.:(

Reaction score
I just don't get what all the fuss is about with updates?
Simple!

I was once happy with automatic updates till I grew tired of the nagging reboot popups. So I then turned automatic updates off till I was ready to install them and reboot. The very first time Windows 10 nags me to restart, I will be intentionally looking for a way to break the update service.

And then there is the concept of driver rollback which will no longer be possible. That is if Windows automatically updates to the current driver, without any regard as to whether it will break anything. Especially under conditions where the user manually installs their own drivers.

Reaction score
I guess its down to we should decide which goes on our PC rather than not having an option.
After all our PCs belong to us and we should decide what goes on and what we dont want.
Before there were lots of optional updates which we could chose which ones we needed i dont want things like language packs but we may not have that choice anymore.:(

My smart TV belongs to me and it updates auto without an option when to install. Heck so does my phone. When I turn on the service in my car it auto updates as well without my say. I guess I am missing some of the attachability. LOL

People talk about auto updates but they are the same one that complain when things don't work right and it is caused by not being updated. Go figure.

Ask a Question