Upgraded to win 10 and my comp slowed down bad

Reaction score
I have a custom built machine. Its a powerful computer and it cost me over $3000 to build. Its not cheap. It runs FAST on win 8.1, It is so slow on win 10 i couldnt do much, so i rolled it back to 8.1. I cannot figure it out. All the drivers seem up to date for win 10. I thought it was my kingston v300 120gb ssd (only 90gb used) but the drivers are up to date. I check task manager and the CPU regularly spikes to 100% cpu usage on what should be really simple things, like opening any program( mozilla firefox or task managaer. I would really like win 10 but if my computer is so slow i cant use it.

Heres my computer build
previsous OS- Win 8.1 home
Motherboard: Asus Z97 -A
processor: Intel 4670K
Coolermaster siedon 240mm cpu cooler with 4X 120mm jetflo fans(95CFM each and i run fans at 50-100%)
Kingston V300 120gb ssd, and a WD BLUE 2tb hard drive with extra storage( most stuff is not on sdd)
Asus Xonar 7.1 Sound card
Asus gtx 960 black edition Graphics card
Asus blue ray burner
Thermaltake core v71 Full tower case
Asus wireless adapter

I also did not OC the processor or gpu during this time at all.
I try to keep all the drivers up to date after win 10 install, but it was hard because i couldnt do all them, the computer was so slow after 4 hours i gave up. I couldnt figure out what it was. I really could use some help, thanks.

Ask a Question