SOLVED Upgraded to Win 10 Network Adapter Issues

Reaction score
I have tried all the ideas I can find to resolve my network adapter fail and nothing that I have found solves my issue. I have an ASUS Laptop Q301L that I upgraded from Windows 8.1. I do not have VPN software; I have tried the dni_dne solution ; it is not present on my system. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and everything else I could find to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
From what I've been reading, most people have had some success by going to the laptop manufacturer's site and download and installing the older version driver.
http://www.asus.com/supportonly/Q301LA/HelpDesk_Download/
Have a look and give the older of the two Windows 8.1 drivers a try, and if that doesn't work try the newer of the two and see if that does any better.

Reaction score
Thank you for your time. I found two tried each one and still no success.
From what I've been reading, most people have had some success by going to the laptop manufacturer's site and download and installing the older version driver.
http://www.asus.com/supportonly/Q301LA/HelpDesk_Download/
Have a look and give the older of the two Windows 8.1 drivers a try, and if that doesn't work try the newer of the two and see if that does any better.
Thank you for your time. I found two tried each one, still no success.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Excellent. Nice find.
And now we are back to the "what's old is new again" scenario.
Third party software, especially security suites, causing issues.
In this case a networking issue.
And now I'm wondering if in the case of some Blue Screen issues that I've seen reported some "EXCEPTION_NOTHANDLED" if just perhaps.....
Norton, McAfee, AVG, etc., might be worth revisiting.

Reaction score
Yes. I lost my wifi connection and network adapter when I installed Norton internet security. Unistalled Norton and got my wireless back right away.

Ask a Question