Upgrading

Reaction score
I have a dual boot up system on my pc with two separate drives, the first is 32 bit for running one program my old Autocad which is stored on an external drive. This allowed me to do a clean install for the 32 bit O/S and it works very well in fact the Autocad program is faster.

However my second drive contains Win Ultimante 64 bit and loads of programs and is only suitable for an upgrade. I have tried three times twice using the upgrade on the pc and the third time using a purchased down load burning an iso disk.

On all three attempts I arrived at the "WELCOME BACK" page but on activating the next button my welcome back ceased with a frozen screen. Then on all three occasions I rebooted and tried other options advance, every option went to the select keyboard page but again it was frozen, Neither of the two restore options functioned both coming up with error messages, so I ended up restoring using my repair disk.

It would appear a clean install works well but so called upgrades leave a lot to be desired.

Any advise would be gratefully received.

PS I have been a MS devotee since 3.1

Ask a Question