SOLVED Upload Problems

Reaction score
Hi,
Since updating to windows 10 (which was about a year ago) I have a problem with my upload on my computer.

The problem is that everytime I try to upload a file on googlecloud, gmail, twitter etc. I get an error message telling me it failed to upload. Same goes for other programs like outlook where it says failed to send email when I attach a file onto it.

When I try to do a speedtest (for example on www.wieistmeineip.at) the uploading progress bar goes about 1/8 of the way and then stops. On other speedtest sites (like http://beta.speedtest.net/) my upload seems to be working fine. The download is always working fine.

When I monitor my ethernet performance on the task manager while I upload or do the speedtests (on www.wieistmeineip.at) it goes up to 2-4mbit/s and after a second it drops down to 0 kbit/s.
On really rare occasions my upload seems to be working just fine, so that I can upload files everywhere, but for only a few minutes (10-30min), then it stops working properly. I can't figure out what triggers this.

I have already tried a lot of things to "fix" it but nothing worked:
Bought a new network card--> no upload.
tried the same lan cable and connection slot on my laptop (windows 7)--> working upload.
disabling my firewall--> no upload
tried a different lan cable /lan connection slot and also tried to connect it directly into the router--> no upload
tried formating my harddrives and reinstalling windows 10--> no upload
tried using different browsers (chrome, edge and firefox)--> no upload
updating drivers/bios--> no upload
using ubuntu live--> working upload
tried uploading files onto another computer in my homenetwork--> works fine

I really don't know that to do anymore and hope someone can help me.

Specs:
Windows 10 pro 64 bit
Motherboard: asus maximus hero VII
Internetconnection: 50/10 mbit/s

Reaction score
This picture shows the ethernet performence (Task Manager) during two Upload Tests.
The upload goes up to about 3mbit/s for a second and then drops down to 0. Attaching files to an Email (on Gmail) also interrups after about a second. Only if the file is under 200kb it can attach some times.
Also for some reason I couldn't even upload this small picture (60kb) on my pc

Attachments

• upload performence.png
    upload performence.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 856
Reaction score
Have you done anything with your firewall or AV app?. o_O It might be that you turned something on to block it?. ;)

Reaction score
No I don't have any Antivirus software and haven't changed anything on my firewall since I reinstalled windows 10 two days ago. Also I have the same problem when I turn my firewall/windows defener off

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sry didn't help either. I just realised that my upload seems to be working fine if I use my phones internet connection on my pc (via usb), so it shouldn't be a firewall issue. Maybe something is wrong with the communication between my webcube and my pc.

Reaction score
UPDATE:
So I installed windows 7 64bit SP1 on a different harddrive on the pc and tried my upload with it... it still failed/same problem.
How can it be that only my pc has this problem and why does it only work with Linux?

Reaction score
I found the problem:
My second Ram seems to be the problem. I took it out and now the upload is working fine!
Tried switching the slots of my to ram sticks and the computer wouldn't start.

Ask a Question