Uploading pictures to facebook no longer work after Win10

Reaction score
Hi! so I got a new laptop recently an Acer aspire E14 E5-473G-55C2. And apparently its already Windows 10 ready (meaning I can upgrade to windows 10 as soon as I start up) So I get it installed and all is well for a while but then a few days later I suddenly cant send pictures via FB messenger. I cant post pictures on my thread or even update my DP or cover photo. I troubleshoot as much as possible (reinstall the browsers update Win10 drivers etc. but the problem was still there. So i decided to revert back to Windows 8.1. It worked as soon as I got back to windows 8.1 so i decided to fix up some drivers then reinstalled widows 10.
When it was back to Win10 the problem was there again. not just for GChrome but also for Edge and IE.

Facebook keeps telling me to upload a valid photo but its in .jpg or .png and it works fine when im on win8.1

My sister is also facing the same problem on her new laptop as well (lenovo idk the model). Does anyone else have the same problem? have any of you found a way to fix it? I decided to stick with Win8.1 for now (until december maybe) but I really like how Windows10 looks and performs its just I use FB alot for school and I need it to work.

Attachments

• 11816236_10203392609415473_6595587776858475348_o.jpg
    11816236_10203392609415473_6595587776858475348_o.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,106

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It works fine for me in Chrome and I can't see any mention of it on the facebook support site. As your sister has the same problem on her laptop, I'd see what you have in common and see if that helps find the problem.

Are you 100% sure that the images are indeed valid - a good example may be to download an existing photo and then try re-uploading it as a test. I guess this is unlikely if it worked fine in Windows 8.1, but worth a shot.

If you try it in IE 11, press F12 and keep an eye on the "console" tab to see if there are any errors during the test. Please paste them in a reply if there are :).

Reaction score
do I try testing on windows 10?
I've already tried downloading an image posted online and tried to re-upload it but the problem still occurs. I really wouldnt like to go back to windows 10 since I have had a bad experience jumping from win10 to win8.1 then back to 10 then back to 8.1

Ill give it a shot on my sisters laptop and reply soonest!

Reaction score
It works fine for me in Chrome and I can't see any mention of it on the facebook support site. As your sister has the same problem on her laptop, I'd see what you have in common and see if that helps find the problem.

Are you 100% sure that the images are indeed valid - a good example may be to download an existing photo and then try re-uploading it as a test. I guess this is unlikely if it worked fine in Windows 8.1, but worth a shot.

If you try it in IE 11, press F12 and keep an eye on the "console" tab to see if there are any errors during the test. Please paste them in a reply if there are :).

here's the error in the console :)

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 1,070

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks. I can't find a huge amount on "XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0000x2eff" - but at least it gives you something specific to send to FB support to help them find the error. The only workarounds I can see relate to dropping IE security below "medium" for the site - which is not a good idea, except as a test.

Do you have any AV software which could be blocking things?

Reaction score
Thanks. I can't find a huge amount on "XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0000x2eff" - but at least it gives you something specific to send to FB support to help them find the error. The only workarounds I can see relate to dropping IE security below "medium" for the site - which is not a good idea, except as a test.

Do you have any AV software which could be blocking things?

None that I know of. I only have McAfee installed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you temporarily disable McAfee, does it work then?

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem! Can't upload pictures (jpeg) to facebook, twitter, or dropbox. All started after Win10 update. I CAN attach them to emails and other files like excel can be uploaded to dropbox. I've disabled my antivirus as a test. Help!

Reaction score

I am having the exact same problem! Can't upload pictures (jpeg) to facebook, twitter, or dropbox. All started after Win10 update. I CAN attach them to emails and other files like excel can be uploaded to dropbox. I've disabled my antivirus as a test. Help!
Help help help.....I have the same problem.....mine started last night and I've tried to "tell" FB, figured it was a glitch on their part. I have always been able to upload pics and stuff from my download file to my thread. Starting last night, when I tried, the pic would appear huge on the post going in and out like some sort of circus game! But never able to post it on my thread. I ran a virus scan, I cleared my history, everything. Oh, and when the pic shows in the post, it has GIF in a circle on it, even tho it is NOT an animated picture. Also, can't close out of the post / thread, without just getting off facebook.

Bif

Reaction score
I've had no issues like this either, don't know what on earth could be singling out Facebook uploads...sorry I cant add anything of substance.

Reaction score
Help help help.....I have the same problem.....mine started last night and I've tried to "tell" FB, figured it was a glitch on their part. I have always been able to upload pics and stuff from my download file to my thread. Starting last night, when I tried, the pic would appear huge on the post going in and out like some sort of circus game! But never able to post it on my thread. I ran a virus scan, I cleared my history, everything. Oh, and when the pic shows in the post, it has GIF in a circle on it, even tho it is NOT an animated picture. Also, can't close out of the post / thread, without just getting off facebook.
Mine got fixed as soon as windows sent updates and a new patch.

Did you upgrade from win7/8/8.1? Because
I also noticed that computers that had windows clean installed instead of upgraded worked fine without any problems.

Reaction score
Mine got fixed as soon as windows sent updates and a new patch.

Did you upgrade from win7/8/8.1? Because
I also noticed that computers that had windows clean installed instead of upgraded worked fine without any problems.
I upgraded from windows 8.1, and that all went smoothly, and that was at the end of July. This issue just started 2 days ago. I haven't gotten the windows anniversary updated yet, so maybe that will fix it? I also wonder if I somehow clicked something about how to open a file or gif, (you know, when you click on something and it asks how you want to open these types of files) and if it is that, how can I fix that? Thanks for replying

Reaction score
We have exactly the same issue and error message with a W7 HP machine "ungraded" (if that is what you can call it!) to W10HP.

Therefore I have two questions, the first of which was prompted by my stepson:
- Might having Adblock Plus, or a similar ad-blocking program, installed on IE11 be the cause?
- I installed O&O ShutUP10 installed on the machine and have turned off most of the "optional" MS features that could feed personal and similar info back to them, and so can anyone think of a reason why this might be the cause?

Reaction score
do I try testing on windows 10?
I've already tried downloading an image posted online and tried to re-upload it but the problem still occurs. I really wouldnt like to go back to windows 10 since I have had a bad experience jumping from win10 to win8.1 then back to 10 then back to 8.1

Ill give it a shot on my sisters laptop and reply soonest!
go to settings, then devices, then autoplay, and then it will ask you and you click on import photo and video's it took me forever, but i finally figured it out, last update messed alot of my stuff up good luck!!

Ask a Question