USB issues after last update

Reaction score
After the last windows update my usb ports have decided they no longer want to work
I have to power my computer on and off about 10 times before windows picks up my mouse and keyboard and other usb devices
I got round this by swapping the ports that where being used and windows would find them again, but then on next restart i would have to do the same again, I have now run out of ports so have to keep restarting until it decides it wants to work, i have removed all drivers from device manager and restarted but this still makes no difference

Reaction score
What version do you have. Type winver in Run to see. Snip it and upload it to this thread. My reason for asking is if you have not received the latest version yet it will likely fix your problem once it loads.

Reaction score
Was the update before this i got the issues, have updated to this build and still having problems
Version 1511 (build 10586.29)
Appears to be only the 3.1 USB ports which are having probelms, i now have everything plugged into the USB 2.0 ports on the front of my tower to get them to work, 3.0 seem to be working as well, but most of the ports on the back of the tower are 3.1

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
10586.36 should be the latest build (non-insider).
Your problem might very well be a driver you need to install.
Sometimes USB ports on the motherboard may require an additional driver for the chipset they use to function properly.
Check with the Computer or motherboard manufacturer to see if they have an updated Windows 10 driver for you.
Any documentation you might have regarding the hardware on your computer, might suggest the chipset responsible for hosting those USB ports that are problematic.

Ask a Question