USB Recovery Disc

Reaction score
Since most newer laptops and all in one pc's don't include a DVD/CD drive, why has create repair disc ( control panel, create system image section) does not have a USB option

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi johnboy15, welcome to the forums!

When I try to run the "create a recovery drive" tool, I'm prompted to select a USB drive - is this the same tool you are referring to?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Any chance you could take screenshot of this please (using the "snipping tool") and the attach it to a reply, as I'm not sure I understand where this is?

Reaction score
Any chance you could take screenshot of this please (using the "snipping tool") and the attach it to a reply, as I'm not sure I understand where this is?
aa.jpg
bb.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah, I see - that's the old Windows 7 backup system that they've included so that you can recover your files. If you run the Windows 10 recovery drive tool, you can use a USB drive :)

You can access it by running "RecoveryDrive.exe"

Reaction score
Ah, I see - that's the old Windows 7 backup system that they've included so that you can recover your files. If you run the Windows 10 recovery drive tool, you can use a USB drive :)

Reaction score
Windows 8.1 included a reworked version which included an option for a USB repair disc. This "new" version is a serious backward step . I will therefore be restoring my image backup and going back to 8.1

Reaction score

that is not the same thing, I dont have a recovery partition for that program to work. an image backup is my only option or a third party backup program. not good!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
If you go to hard drive which is first one then install usb then hit refresh. It will then show the USB as an option. This all done on the screen you are showing.

Reaction score
You don't need a recovery partition. It will reconstruct a wim from your existing system files. Takes a little while, though.

Reaction score
If you go to hard drive which is first one then install usb then hit refresh. It will then show the USB as an option. This all done on the screen you are showing.
I'm sorry but I don't understand this reply as there is no hard disk option

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't understand this reply as there is no hard disk option
Go to Backup- Looking for older backup-backup and restore-backup-have usb installed it should show usb as an option. This is the way my pc is. The other was from Laptop so that is another inconsistency with 10 as both are clean installs.

Ask a Question