Username & password

Reaction score
Even though both are saved for a website, I keep having to enter them every time I log on. What am I missing
Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check your cached credentials
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager\Web Credentials
Look for the problem website(s) credentials and remove them.

Reaction score
Check your cached credentials
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager\Web Credentials
Look for the problem website(s) credentials and remove them.
Is that not the reverse of what I want? I am on this website daily and do not want to keep entering my credentials.
Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Which browser are you using?

In IE: Look in Tools - Internet Options - General. Perhaps you have the item " dedelete browsing history on exit" and, in the settings for that item, maybe some of those are selected.

In Edge, under settings, scroll down and make sure you have the correct advanced settings under "clear browsing history"

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is that not the reverse of what I want?
Typically when "cached" anything on your computer seems to be behaving badly (thumbnail cache, icon cache, cached credentials, etc.,) there may credibly be a suspicion that cached items have become corrupt.
A solution in many cases is to clear the cache and see if that might resolve the problem, so........
NO it is not
the reverse of what I want?

Reaction score
Which browser are you using?

In IE: Look in Tools - Internet Options - General. Perhaps you have the item " dedelete browsing history on exit" and, in the settings for that item, maybe some of those are selected.

In Edge, under settings, scroll down and make sure you have the correct advanced settings under "clear browsing history"
I changed it to not clear anything, but same request when I log in.

Ask a Question