SOLVED Verifying Account

Reaction score
Can a member test this for me.
I rarely look in the Settings accounts
As a result of loading and old image, and subsequently my latest image to get back to normal, I ran a check through all the settings.
In "Accounts" I noticed that I suddenly needed to verify. Problem was, when I started this, I just got a black square which quickly disappeared again.
When I googled this, I could see many were having the same problem - returning image or not.
Anyone else??

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
AFAIK and can remember I've always had to verify my MS account doing a clean install or the reset from with in windows. Once that is done there's no more verification needed.

Reaction score
That I know. But, as I said, I cannot verufy. I have reinstalled my previous image, and it comes after I have downloaded and installed these two
Security update for Adobe Flash player KB 40745595
and
Cumulative update KB4074588

Reaction score
For the record, I uninstalled those two, but still have the problem.

Reaction score
Well, I'm wasting a lot of time reinstalling various images. I have gone back three, so far. But as soon as it downloads those two mentioned, the problem comes up. I can still use the OS, of course, but some of the Apps have stopped working. Next step will be to do a fresh install and wait for all those updates again.
If it was an error, or something not correct on my account (which I have had a look at) I would surely get an error message.
I might try just changing the password on line, but I don't see how that could be responsible for what I am experiencing.
Should add. MS Outlook logs on and fetches mail as normal.

Reaction score
Problem solved.
I got in touch with MS (Local) and it seems that someone has tried to access my account more than the number allowed.
A change of password was the simple answer!
A warning message from MS would have been an even simpler answer.

Reaction score
Yes! A password warning from MS would be nice. I wonder what that number is, three?

Reaction score
O heck.
I get a lot of spam on my mobile, dating from past overuse! As a result, I have a tendency to ignore certain unidentified numbers. Apparently, there may have been a warning by SMS, now erase.

I am marking this boring thread as solved!

Ask a Question