VIA HD VDeck isn't working

Reaction score
Hello fellas,

My computer's motherboard is ECS H81H3-M4 which has VIA VT1705 audio chip on it, I couldn't find any reliable source to download the driver from, there is no audio option for Windows 10 on VIA's driver download portal. The latest driver on Microsoft Update Catalog is from 2013, so i tried the one from my motherboard's manufacturer support site. I installed the driver but there is a problem, It's software (HD VDeck) is nearly broken. Most of the functions aren't working: Room Correction, Environmental Modeling, Sound Equaliser, Default format, etc. these are completely broken. Only thing i can do is adjusting the volume (also the volume of channels independently). There is no driver update since 2016. Did VIA quit?

Ek Açıklama 2020-12-25 002933.png

An example for Environmental Modeling, you can see that Enable is ticked but it's components aren't being enabled.

Reaction score
Hi,

try re-installing the drivers in Compatibility Mode | Windows 10 Forums :)
Yes, i tried that and it only fixed that you can now change the speaker configuration. The rest is still broken. I believe the reason is VIA couldn't hande against Windows' audio related updates which caused to make the software inaccessible to Windows audio interface.

Is there anyone has a VIA chip on its motherboard, too? I think they have the same issue on Windows 10.HD VDeck works perfectly on 8.1 and 7 but i don't know why it's really unusable on 10.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Where are you getting your driver from? You should be getting it from here..........

Reaction score
Where are you getting your driver from? You should be getting it from here..........

Yes, I downloaded from ECS' support site.
Ek Açıklama 2020-12-26 140221.png

Hi,

do you have the last BIOS software available too?. :)

View attachment 12964
Yes, i updated my motherboard to the latest BIOS version. Also i should mention that the second input is actual BIOS update, my processor is i3-4130 which isn't Haswell Refresh so i didn't need and install the first one you showed.

Reaction score
You could try opening Control Panel > Device Manager and remove the device (it will re-install upon reboot!) then restart your computer and see if that fixes the problem. Otherwise; I don't have any other suggestions!. :(

Reaction score
You could try opening Control Panel > Device Manager and remove the device (it will re-install upon reboot!) then restart your computer and see if that fixes the problem. Otherwise; I don't have any other suggestions!. :(
I tried, but unfortunately didn't work.
Their is a 2019 driver here. The text says it suports your (1705) chip

VIA Vinyl HD Audio Driver 11.1100e for Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP Download (techspot.com)
I recently downloaded and installed it too. The issue occurs on the same software, HD VDeck. Actually it's not a 2019 driver. When you check its file name, it labels "01282016" which refers to the release date, it's from 2016. I surfed a little bit more on the net and saw a version "v11.1100f" which was released on late 2016. It says RS1 which refers to Redstone update. It looks like Windows broke it down completely back in that update because i installed the driver and it didn't even bother to install HD VDeck, only installed the drivers. It looks like VIA disabled the setup's HD VDeck installation.

Ask a Question