Trying to Connect a Network Camera, Access Via Browser

Reaction score
hi there,

Am trying to connect a mitsubishi nm-c110 cctv networking surveillance camera for security in my house.And have tried a regular lan cable and a crossover cable,which is what the user guide says to use for a direct connection to the pc,using a browser to access the camera via http://192.168.30.220/ in my browser but am getting a message that

"This site can’t be reached
192.168.30.220 took too long to respond."

Have switched ends of the cable and attached the opposite ends to the previous time and still have the same message above.HOW do i connect this cctv camera?

Have checked the CONTROL PANEL internet connections and the Ethernet says it is an "unidentified network".

"Windows Network Diagnostics" from the browser after it fails to connect to the ip above address.The result it says is:

"Problems found

Problem with wireless adapter or access point

"Ethbernet" doesnt have a valid IP configuration

etc"

WHY does the camera not come up as connected?? I have used both a regular lan cable and a crossover cable and also one called a patch cable but i think it is the same as the lan cable??

There is an IP Setting utility that i installed, that gives messge that it cant change the ip address.It asks for the devices' mac address and the ip above.I did enter the correct mac address and the iP Address 192.168.30.220

The instructions say to use a "Cross lan cable" for a direct connection to the pc.

HOW to make this work??

Thanks

Attachments

• cam rear.JPG
    cam rear.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 192
  • too long to respond 1.JPG
    too long to respond 1.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Ip Setting Utility.JPG
    Ip Setting Utility.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 221

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
In order for network attached devices to communicate they must be on the same subnet with the appropriate and unique IP addressing schema.

I assume you already have an internet connection which suggests that your computer is attached to a Router / Switch
AND
It looks like your camera is quite capable of receiving IP Addressing via DHCP from the same source as your computer is likely using.
Why not just connect it to that and allow it to obtain an IP address automatically?
That would at least put your computer and camera on the same subnet.

That third party utility that you are using which apparently came on a disc provided by the camera manufacturer is probably intended to be used on a discreet / dedicated ACTUAL Closed Circuit environment or at a minimum a dedicated independent network adapter intended for exclusive use with the camera.

NOTE: The Microsoft Wi_Fi Direct Virtual Adapter you are showing in your third image is not going to work

Reaction score
hi,thanks for the reply.
my laptop is connected to the internet via a wiireless wifi device that has a sim card in it,and the camera is connected to the laptop via a crossover cable,as it was 1 of the options in the instructions and other option was to connect it to a hub first.I have chosen this option via a crossover cable as there is only 1 camera.

The software photo i attached was only the default option on it,i chose the ethernet option when i tried to use the software,the photo is again attached.
How does the camera receive IP Addressing via DHCP?I dont think it has wireless?

thanks

Attachments

• Ip Setting Utility.JPG
    Ip Setting Utility.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 180
  • cant change IP address.JPG
    cant change IP address.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 193
  • ipv4 address.JPG
    ipv4 address.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 188
Reaction score
hi there,

Am trying to connect a mitsubishi nm-c110 cctv networking surveillance camera for security in my house.And have tried a regular lan cable and a crossover cable,which is what the user guide says to use for a direct connection to the pc,using a browser to access the camera via http://192.168.30.220/ in my browser but am getting a message that

"This site can’t be reached
192.168.30.220 took too long to respond."

Have switched ends of the cable and attached the opposite ends to the previous time and still have the same message above.HOW do i connect this cctv camera?

Have checked the CONTROL PANEL internet connections and the Ethernet says it is an "unidentified network".

"Windows Network Diagnostics" from the browser after it fails to connect to the ip above address.The result it says is:

"Problems found

Problem with wireless adapter or access point

"Ethbernet" doesnt have a valid IP configuration

etc"

WHY does the camera not come up as connected?? I have used both a regular lan cable and a crossover cable and also one called a patch cable but i think it is the same as the lan cable??

There is an IP Setting utility that i installed, that gives messge that it cant change the ip address.It asks for the devices' mac address and the ip above.I did enter the correct mac address and the iP Address 192.168.30.220

The instructions say to use a "Cross lan cable" for a direct connection to the pc.

HOW to make this work??

Thanks
your specs = suggest you install n compatibility mode for proper Windows OS

System Requirements Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP
Web Browser: IE 6.0

Ask a Question