No longer printing via wifi after update

Reaction score
Windows 10 updated my computer and I can no longer print using wifi or ethernet cable.
Other computer still works on wifi but I have to hook up by usb connection from this computer
Claims printer is installed and connected, but when trying to print says printer is off line

Reaction score
I had this problem. It was caused by HP's policy of refusing to allow drivers to be installed on computers purchased before October 2012. I bought mine in September with a free Win 8 upgrade. When Win 10 came out, I could upgrade but HP would not allow drivers to install. I visited Office Depot and obtained a USB modem which restored Bluetooth printer and wi-fi access for $15. I joined the Fast Ring and am now running Win 10 version 19582 with no problems other than a lack of support from HP. We have 5 HP computers in use but will never buy another, due to this lousy policy. We also changed to Canon printers. Very happy with our TS6022 and TS8022.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was having this problem every time Windows updated my Lenovo Windows 10 computer. My HP Officejet Pro 8620 would no longer work at all. I would have to go to a company I pay a monthly fee to and they would fix the problem after about 30 minutes. I don't know what they did other than it involved the drivers. The last couple of updates, the updated HP Print and Scan Doctor has fixed the problem. HP must have updated this program.

Reaction score
I had this problem. It was caused by HP's policy of refusing to allow drivers to be installed on computers purchased before October 2012. I bought mine in September with a free Win 8 upgrade. When Win 10 came out, I could upgrade but HP would not allow drivers to install. I visited Office Depot and obtained a USB modem which restored Bluetooth printer and wi-fi access for $15. I joined the Fast Ring and am now running Win 10 version 19582 with no problems other than a lack of support from HP. We have 5 HP computers in use but will never buy another, due to this lousy policy. We also changed to Canon printers. Very happy with our TS6022 and TS8022.
I am similarly fed up with HP. Waiting to replace my Office Jet 8710 when convenient.

Reaction score
I have the same problem since the last windows 10 update. I have a brother printer HL3410cw and a HP 8620 and both go off line constantly. I have repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers and updates however this is clearly not the fix.

Reaction score
Every update as of todays, kills all Printers (me and my clients) simple fix, is open the install media, and reinstall.
Brother, HPs, Epson and Dells

Reaction score
Mine is a brother MFC-L2750DW laser printer.
Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no good
Used Brothers and windows program to completely
erase all files from the driver, then reinstalled
Still doesn't work. worked fine before update

Reaction score
strange, mine works fine, is your setting wireless, make sure the firewall is set proper. there is a wireless assist setup,
PS: Windows never uninstalls all, and Brothers you need to reboot after. I recomend you use REVO or IOBits Free Uninstaller.

Reaction score
I've tried revo and iobits then reinstalled doesn't work.
Have tried the wireless assist setup, doesn't help.
Old computer with first windows 10 not updated works fine

Reaction score
what is the version of your installer..
MFC-L2740DW-inst-C1-US uncompresses to install, setup
v 5.0.13
PS: it could also be your AV program
1585955032742.png

Ask a Question