SOLVED Adobe PDF no longer works on MS Money

Reaction score
Just recently, probably a Windows update is responsible, I can no longer print a money report using the Adobe PDF printer. I removed and reinstalled my Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro and that did not help. Any one have this problem? Any suggestions on what to try?

Reaction score
Yes, they are responsible. But didnt they offically stop supporting it some time ago?

Reaction score
Yes, Microsoft Money was discontinued not long after Microsoft Works/Works Suite was quit with Version 9.x. Microsoft did make a version of Money referred to as Sunset, downloadable.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20738
I also still have Adobe Acrobat 8 installed, still works for most of my needs.
Up until recently I had no problems. MS Money is the best program to track your expenses. Easy to understand and use. I have tried numerous similar programs, but none can compare. And like you said Acrobat 8 works fine, it is just not the latest and maybe greatest. Adobe software is so overpriced. I tried to find Acrobat 9 at a cheap price and no luck.
Anyway I am going to try and do a Windows 10 repair and see if that helps. Also I will give the printer above a try.

Reaction score
Up until recently I had no problems. MS Money is the best program to track your expenses. Easy to understand and use. I have tried numerous similar programs, but none can compare. And like you said Acrobat 8 works fine, it is just not the latest and maybe greatest. Adobe software is so overpriced. I tried to find Acrobat 9 at a cheap price and no luck.
Anyway I am going to try and do a Windows 10 repair and see if that helps. Also I will give the printer above a try.
Ok, I did a new install of Windows 10 and now the Adobe PDF printer works as it used to. Thanks Microsoft for your update that caused the problem. Thankful I can re-install Windows without losing any of my software or other data. Also I like the Bullzip pdf printer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Doesn't the Native Microsoft PDF Printer pretty much already do the same thing as third party PDF Printer do??

Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm sorry.
I thought the basic concept of a PDF printer was to generate a .pdf file, which you would then open in a preferred viewer and print as needed.

Reaction score
I'm sorry.
I thought the basic concept of a PDF printer was to generate a .pdf file, which you would then open in a preferred viewer and print as needed.
Yes, there is a default Microsoft Print to PDF in Devices and Printers and shows on the Print item in most any program where one chooses which printer to use, prompts to give a location and name when saving. Then that file can be opened in any number of PDF reader programs.
upload_2019-1-30_19-22-2.png

Reaction score
I'm sorry.
OK, I will give you an example. I have a report in MS Money that will not print all of the columns in letter or legal in MS print to PDF. However in Acrobat PDF printer I can reduce the report by a percentage and it will print all of the columns on one page. I think Bullzip will do the same.

Reaction score
Can it be assumed you are changing the page setup to Landscape before saving as Print to PDF? Also, most print functions on printers have a 'Fit to page' [or words to that effect] setting.

Reaction score
Can it be assumed you are changing the page setup to Landscape before saving as Print to PDF? Also, most print functions on printers have a 'Fit to page' [or words to that effect] setting.
Yes, set to landscape. Fit to page on the printer does not combine two pages. As I said MS print to PDF was splitting my report into 4 pages when it was a 2 page report. MS print to PDF just does not give the flexibility I need at times, Adobe and Bullzip do.

Ask a Question