SOLVED Adobe Reader

Reaction score
I used to have Adobe Reader. I used it a lot. I have literally hundreds of documents that I refer to with Adobe.

I just became aware that when I attempt to open a PDF, it defaults to Microsoft Edge. Did this get forced upon me with the advent of Windows 10 Version 1809?

If that is the case, am at at risk if I reload Adobe Reader? None of my Adobe applications remain on my computer. I don't know if this is a result to the "upgrade" or not.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
While I am not a big fan of Microsoft Edge, I can see absolutely no reason to install any third party software to simply read a PDF when Microsoft Edge does the same thing and is native to the Operating System.

Reaction score
Edge is the default pdf reader. I use foxit as mine because the search feature is better and some of my pdf files I use for research are hundreds of pages. If you have adobe reader, you can go in to settings and set it as default. Settings>Apps>Default Apps on the bottom Choose Default Apps By File Type. Scroll down to .pdf and select the program you prefer. Trouble's right though. Edge is perfectly fine for basic pdf viewing.

Reaction score
I don't like "change". I was comfortable with Adobe Reader for what I do but I am not going to reload Adobe just for the sake of going back (more change). I'll use MS Edge until it gives me some sorta problem. I do use many large PDF file though. We'll see.

Reaction score
I haven't used any adobe software since Windows 10 was installed. I don't like Edge, but, it works well with opening .pdf files.

Reaction score
If you decide to go back, you should be able to set the default option to Adobe. I had to sign a document last week and used a version of the Reader for that.

I also need Adobe Flash for one of my weather radar loops.

Reaction score
I have not used Adobe since XP. I am using Foxit Reader for my PDF needs and only V6.1 cause the newer ones all want to connect to a cloud service and try to push features onto me that I do not want to have.

Ask a Question