Adobe reader fatal error and can't do a computer reset

Reaction score
I keep getting a fatal error message with Adobe reader v x1 and I can't uninstall it or install any adobe patches or updates. I can't reset my PC either. Cannot open some of my anti malware software either. Has anyone got any suggestions. I am a low level experienced user.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My normal recommendation would be to boot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking, but....
There are some things that you might not be able to do in Safe Mode like uninstalling some application that require certain services to be running.
I thought Adobe Acrobat Reader DC was the latest version of their PDF reader program. I don't know for sure, as I have been using FoxIt Reader for a couple years now.

You might want to try clean booting your system as described here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Use the steps for Windows 8 / 8.1 (same for Windows 10)
Easily done, easily undone.
Basically you're just disabling all the Startup Items and All non-Microsoft services.
Be sure to check the box to hide Microsoft Services, as you don't want to accidentally disable any of those.

Reaction score
I can't help your issue. But I highly recommend not using Adobe Reader. It's had a checkered past as far as security issues. I've been using Foxit, like Trouble, for years.

Ask a Question