Touch Feature No Longer Works

Reaction score
I moved in July. Since I moved, I have not been able to use the touch feature on my Windows 10 Enterprise system. I have a Planar PXL2430MW touch screen. I assume that the problem is that Microsoft somehow removed the touch driver or some similarly bad thing. I don't even see "touch" on any item of the Human Interface devices. The manufacturer said that no special driver is needed. Windows 10 has the correct driver. Apparently perhaps not after some update in mid-2019. At least, that's my guess. It worked before moving in July. In August of last year, it did not work. My monitor can use HDMI or USB but I think I used HDMI. If both HDMI and USB work, what's the difference for the touch driver? I can see the touch keyborad icon on teh taskbar but clicking it does nothing. It used to work just fine. MIcrosoft's online help offers me no clues. I tried to update all the Human Inerface drivers but Windows kept saying that I have the best one. There does not seem to be a Microsoft touch driver that I can find. My guess hee is that the driver is to blame but I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions, please? Thanks.,

Reaction score
Some touch screen drivers were contained in the OEM Chipset, and MS updates can cause issues, reinstall your latest Manufacture Chipset software. Dell is one of the worse, next is HP then Acer.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Sorry to take so long to respond. In the interim, I found the original DHMI calbe, which allowed touich to work. ince it's not possible for me to update firmware--that is what you are suggesting, right?--this won't work. I'd say rather that undoing MS updates would be a better path. What do you think? I'd be content to back far enough to remove that stupid Creators update that broke so much. Not sure how you would go about replacing the firmware without having to buy new chips.

Reaction score
The mention of moving suggests a different scenario, my HP Compaq L2105m touch screen monitor requires a USB cable to give the "talk-back" feature needed with such screens.

Ask a Question