Viewing documents

Reaction score
How can I open two documents on the same window?
I can do that when I use the old versions of windows, but no more with the windows 10.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi mimi12,

Welcome to the Forum.

Further to Wolfie's suggestions which will work fine in Windows 10, you can also:
  • Open first document, then press windows key + > (right arrow key) together to move document to right half of screen, then:
  • Open another document and press windows key + < (left arrow key) together to move second doument to left half of screen.

If you mean opening to instances of the application ( for example Word ), then:
  • first open the application, and open one of the two documents you want open.
  • Now press & hold down your Shift key while left-clicking on the applications icon/tab on your Taskbar
Alternately: After opening the first instance of application, right-click on its taskbar icon/tab and then left-click on the application name listed in the pop-up that opens.

Your application will now be running two instances each of which you can open a document in.

Click one instance so it is active, then press winkey + > to move to right side of screen

Click the second instance so it is activce, then press winkey + < to move to left side of screen​

Ask a Question