SOLVED Viewing Google Images Scrolling problem

Bif

Reaction score
Recently I've noticed while viewing pics in Google images via Firefox that scrolling is freezing intermittently for no apparent reason, this does not happen in Chrome nor Edge and wondered if anyone else has encountered this in FF or other browsers?
I checked my background processes and all seems correct as for what "should" be running, just seems odd that it's just in FF....occurs with both touch pad and mouse.
Bewildered as usual...

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Biff,

Not too sure why that is unique to one browser only, but you might consider disabling hardware acceleration in Fire Fox browser to see if that improves the situation:
  • Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Note: If you disable this, you will need to close the instance of Firefox, and open a new browser session to benefit from the change of setting.

Bif

Reaction score
@Regedit32
I should have mentioned in my OP that H.A. is disabled already...I have a feeling it might be a bad FF update this last time..will uninstall and reinstall to see if that rectifies it.
Cheers for the suggestion:)

Reaction score
Bif I run FF with the most recent updates. That is, FF 32 bit, not the 64 bit version.
No problems as you explained in your OP.

Bif

Reaction score
A reinstallation of FF and scrolling is as smooth as 12 year old single malt again... haven't a clue as what it rectified or repaired but often ignorance is bliss..
Speaking of Scotch!..........;)

Ask a Question