Virtual Desktops

SOLVED Virtual Desktops

Reaction score
davehc submitted a new article:

Virtual Desktops - Virtual Desktops

I have read several comments, around the forums, regarding the use of the new taskbar icon (the flat yellow square) for virtual desktops. I have been having some fun with this, and through this little demo together. Hope it helps:
The feature has been around for a while, but is now incorporated, by default, in Windows 10. It enables separate Desktop windows for ongoing applications, which are easlily switcheable.

1: To enable an extra desktop, click the icon on the taskbar:...

Read more about this article...

Last edited by a moderator:

RMA

Reaction score
Tried this out, and soon found out that, at least with build 10586, to make a new virtual desktop I need to click the task view icon, then the "+ new desktop" button in the bottom right corner. There isn´t a "new desktop" icon on the taskbar.

Once I did this everything worked fine. Obviously there is a limit to the number of apps you can open at once, depending mainly on the amount of memory you have and the size of the apps.

Ask a Question