SOLVED Visual C++ chicanery

Reaction score
Hello, Gods of Windows 10!

I have every version of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on my computer now, downloaded from the windows website, but when I try to load a specific game, it tells me, "The following component(s) are required to run this program: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime."

What on earth am I missing here?

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Have you checked the Website of the game for any posts about the problem? There's a few things that can be specific to programs such as .NET and Visual C/C++ but they usually are included on the disc the program is installed from or in the downloaded file used to install. The specifications usually say what the requirement is, haven't run into one that didn't. Now copying a Windows-based program from one computer to another is a different issue, doesn't usually get all the support files, Registry entries made or icons/menus needed which is why installing is necessary.

Reaction score
Have you checked the Website of the game for any posts about the problem? There's a few things that can be specific to programs such as .NET and Visual C/C++ but they usually are included on the disc the program is installed from or in the downloaded file used to install. The specifications usually say what the requirement is, haven't run into one that didn't. Now copying a Windows-based program from one computer to another is a different issue, doesn't usually get all the support files, Registry entries made or icons/menus needed which is why installing is necessary.
So obvious in hindsight.

Ask a Question