Wake up sleepyhead!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I think I've finally managed to install a full version of Win10 Pro which, at the moment, is working nearly perfectly. Not only that, but the graphics generated by my AMD Radeon HD7500 when running my CAD program in compatibility mode are way, way better than under Win7. Happy days!

The only problem I have with Win 10 now is the fact that, when put to sleep, either by "Right Click/Shutdown/Sleep" on the start button or via the power button, which I have set up as an option, the lazy so-and-so won't wake up without my "power button followed by hard reset button" trick. There must be an easier way.

On this subject, Win10 mentions a "Sleep button". If it looks like that seen on the "Control Panel/Power options/Choose what the power buttons do" page, I don't have one. Would it perhaps be on a more recent keyboard than mine? I have 13 'extra' silver buttons but none of them look like the aforementioned picture.

Please help

Tony N

P.S. One thing I have found is that Win10 doesn't recognize a floppy drive. On boot up it just stalls with the Floppy light permanently on. Still, as I can't remember the last time I used a floppy drive, and I have a USB Floppy Drive I could use if needs be, I just disconnected it, removed it from the BIOS boot-up sequence, and all is now O.K.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To be clear, are you saying removing the floppy drive fixed your wake situation?

Reaction score
On my desktop with a Logitech wireless keyboard if I select power and sleeo the montor goes dark, the spinners shut down, even one on a USB3 port.

If I hit the escape key or click the (logitech wireless) mouse it all wakes up instantly

Mind you I never do this. I power up with the power switch in the morning and use power-shutdown at bed time. Do this way with desktop and laptop.

Reaction score
I had the same situation with a fairly new system and it turned out to be the secondary Nvidia chip on the motherboard was malfunctioning. In you case it may not be a video situation but another driver or device not waking up correctly.

Check the Event Viewer and see if you can find any repeating error or warning messages which could be related to the situation.

Ask a Question