SOLVED Web sites revert to start page

Reaction score
First I want to say I don’t know where to post this problem. I might not even be in the correct forum. But I’ll try it and wait for any results.
I am having a major problem with my HP laptop computer. I will use a jigsaw puzzle site as an example, but this problem occurs with all types of web sites.
When I navigate to a site, there are selections to be made, such as picking out a desired puzzle to work. No problem doing this. The puzzle opens and I begin sorting the pieces. Out of nowhere the page rests itself back to the original site page. This is rather discouraging if I have worked through half the puzzle. This occurs at different times
I also have an HP All-in-One desktop computer. This problem of resetting does not happen on this desktop computer. Both computers are running Windows 10 operating system.
I have looked in many places but I can’t even find a similar problem, much less any kind of a suggestion for a solution.
If anyone has a suggestion, please post it. I have tried everything I know so am open to any help.
Thanks for reading
jrj

Just to add, this page reverted back to the forum start page and I had to start over.

Reaction score
It almost seems like you have something acting as a back button. Are you using a mouse with side buttons, or a scroll wheel that has a left and right sideways click. I used to have a mouse that the scroll wheel that you could move left and right , and by default left acted as back and right was forward in the browsers. Not sure what's going on.

Reaction score
@BigFeet
I do have such a mouse but was extremely careful when checking to ensure I didn't mistakenly press any of the buttons.
BUT . . .
It appears the mouse was causing the problem. I was using a wireless mouse with the Synaptics Touchpad turned off. It was a recently purchased mouse which I never thought could be the problem. So much for my thinking skills. Your reply made me consider the mouse so I swapped it out for a wired one. I haven't had the "revert" problem since I made the change.
I don't know, maybe the age thing is catching up with me. But as long as I can access this forum, I'll be all right.
Giving you full credit for the solution and will mark this sucker as solved.
Thanks a lot.

Ask a Question