Downloading websites

Reaction score
Hi all, where do i find the download button in edge, i cannot find it anywhere or i may just be having a seniors moment, many thanks in advance. Ken

Regedit32

Reaction score
download.png

Regedit32

Reaction score
What are you trying to do with the Download?

• Save a webpage to your desktop?
  • Something else?

Reaction score
It depends upon the browser in use, with Firefox right-click in the page and choose Save Page As and point to where you want it. In IE11 [and earlier] it's on the File menu if the have the Menu bar showing. Don't know about Edge, even after the first Technical Preview release [now Insider Preview] I find myself not able to complete all my needs with it. If choosing Web page, complete you usually get a file and a Folder of the same name with _files added to the name. IE gives a choice of a single file .mht which has everything in it.

Regedit32

Reaction score
save webpage to desktop

OK I misunderstood your original post sorry.

There is no option to download or right-click > save as in the Edge browser for websites.
  • You can instead click the ellipsis . . . in the top right corner of Edge and select either:
    • Pin this page to the Taskbar, or
    • Pin this page to Start then click Yes to confirm
Both of these options are in effect the equivalent of saving a webpage, albeit in a different location than the Desktop.
  • Alternately you can click the Note icon [ a pen with a squiggle following ] in top right toolbar of your browser, then select the Save icon [ floppy disk symbol ] from which you can then save the page to OneNote app, or to Favorites in Edge, or to your Reading list. All three save locations mentioned can or will be stored in the OneDrive cloud if you've set that up. The format the page is saved in is a PDF file.

Reaction score
.There is another option, which I use , a little quicker than going through the not icon, perhaps.:
Click the ellipsis. Select "print" and select "Microsoft print to PDF".
You can then open the PDF later for viewing.

Just came back to add, not so straightforward, perhaps. You do have a single click option in the drop down menu to open the page/site in IE. You can then copy it in the usual way from the "File" menu.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks everyone,but i think i will stay with FireFox it is so much easier. regards Ken.

Reaction score
FF Is my choice too. Edge has a long way to go before they can claim Top Browser. It appears to progressing slowly, I didn't like it a year back and still don't. Too restrictive and awkward to use. Just my opinion.;)

Reaction score
Not quite in the context of the op's thread title, but this might interest users. I use edge fairly regularly, I have a very slow connection, and I find FF and Chrome too heavy on resource. Bottom lineis, I would suggest, quoting another thread, it is all a matter of where you find your "comfort zone"
From a testing site:
"Using Edge is a perfectly pleasant experience. It's super-quick, hammers through benchmarks, its integrated reading mode makes complex sites more palatable, and by sandboxing it away from the rest of the operating system Microsoft has ensured that Edge won't suffer the security breaches of its older brother."

"
upload_2017-11-27_7-18-13.png

I have, in the past, tried Opera and, for reasons which I have forgotten, returned to the more popular browsers. But, which the latest releases, I might give it another try.

I needed to return to add:

OK. So I installed Opera and quickly ran through the setup. Maybe I need to work with it a little, but I was shocked by the amount of memory it consumed (240MBs) about four times more than Edge o rIE (The lowest) I'll keep trying for a couple of days, then, if no improvement, its gone.

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Edge is my preferred browser too davehc.

Going by that table I am surprised at its low HTML5 rating. Is that a current table?

Ask a Question