Build 17134.1 is downloading...

Reaction score
I wouldn't think there would be many changes or any we can see at all...

Install took a little time but ended normally.

Mine is showing version 1803 OS build 17134.1

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now I gues we wait and see how long they'll sit on this build.

I bet they will shoot for next week,Tues. or Thurs. According to your link, there were operational corrections they wanted to make...so we may not see an immediate CU.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So....
You're thinking that 17134.1 will now be the RTM??

I certainly hope so, although most of what little faith I had left has pretty much set-sail.
I've been so tied up with other computer repairs today that I haven't had time to install this one yet, so it'll probably be tomorrow before I have a chance to take a look.

Their explanations as to what and why are practically non-existent so it'll be hard to see what might have changed.
I hadn't been having any BSOD issues, so that fix is not one I'll be able to appreciate, and.....
As far as what they are calling "general reliability issues", I'm not sure where to look.
Maybe the problems were in the more erudite features, functions or areas that I don't venture into.

Reaction score
You had better hurry, for all we know, they may release the public version tomorrow ..... ;)

My wireless link speed on the Insider system which has a Realtek Wireless, is still showing 54/866. The non-Insider system with a Killer wireless is showing 866/866. This is probably not relevant, unless something looks at that for streaming download capability.

Reaction score
I think my system is running as a seed machine for the build. As I understand the process, this is normal if configured to allow the activity. It started uploading at its highest speed shortly after I started downloading and has decreased in speed some but still uploading.

The more I think about the more I seem to expect the public build to be tomorrow. :cool:

Reaction score
Update failed due to missing files (error code 0x80070750) twice....

trying a third time

Reaction score
Update failed due to missing files (error code 0x80070750) twice....
Ouch!! I can't find that error number in the System errors listing. It is hard to know if it is referring to something which should have already been on your system or something that was downloaded. If you have not had that type of error before and you did not alter your system, maybe it is a download or anti-virus type problem.

Do you know how to pull the WindowsUpdateLog? Is there a setupact.log you could check with the correct date?

Reaction score
Only (rather useless) info I have read, concerning that error, is that you must select keep everything, or keep nothing in other words, no individual selection
Went smoothly here.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
@clifford_cooley Your link is just another opinion of which there are many. If the problems Microsoft discovered were easily fixable then they may have changed the build number to expedite installation over the prior one. All we can do is wait. As far as someone's system operation is concerned, it won't make a lot of difference, but we are getting another week of "fun" out of this upgrade. ;)

Grizzly's problem is different in that it is not installing for some reason. And problems such as his can show problems with a build, perhaps based of the system configuration involved.

Reaction score
Only (rather useless) info I have read, concerning that error, is that you must select keep everything, or keep nothing in other words, no individual selection
Went smoothly here.
I don't seem to recall that option. I did not get the impression it was a reset type situation where that question is asked... Maybe I just did not notice it.

Reaction score
I believe that it may only be the case if you do an install from an ISO.

Reaction score
There is a great difference between "opinionated" and stating an opinion, Cliff
Saltgrass is only pointing out that there are several different views (opinions), all based on rumour, going around the web currently.
The original and naturally, only reliable story is that issued by a Dona blog. Most of the other rumours were based on that, plus a little imaginative thinking:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...lvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#rkk9pRa6XAK3CzAH.97

Reaction score
It read off as fact to me. If I thought for one minute it was in fact false, I wouldn't have posted.

I think it is time I stopped posting. Now that all the material seems to be for insiders, I don't have a place here.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Pretty sure that it's that time in the cycle that a lot of things are going to be a general mish-mash of RTM theory and rumor jumbled with insider builds carrying their own style of rumors as to whether or not the latest might be RTM or just another build / update.
It'll be interesting to see and perhaps hear, if the Insider Group will even have anything to say with respect to the actual RTM, since at that point it's really no longer an Insider Product.

With respect to opinions.... heck everything I write on this forum is an opinion. Sure it might have some basis in fact and experience but it's usually going to be anecdotal opinion for the most part.
With respect to opinionated..... don't get me started on politics and religion. I get enough of that on twitter.

Ask a Question