Build 17134.1 is downloading...

Reaction score
Ouch!! I can't find that error number in the System errors listing. It is hard to know if it is referring to something which should have already been on your system or something that was downloaded. If you have not had that type of error before and you did not alter your system, maybe it is a download or anti-virus type problem.

Do you know how to pull the WindowsUpdateLog? Is there a setupact.log you could check with the correct date?
gonna check when I get back home. It always happens when it is at the end of "preparing install". Maybe the servers are just overloaded.......

Reaction score
It sounds like you aren't getting past the download phase or perhaps setting up the drive for the install. The link below has info on that page and the left column index. Maybe you can find something there.

If the download stops for an extended period of time at 100% you might try disabling and re-enabling your network adapter. It may stop at other places but this install did stop several times so hard to judge.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/troubleshoot-upgrade-errors

Reaction score
I just started the update again (number 4) and so far it is already installing @ 18%. Will know more later...

[edit]

Well, it seems that error code points to a busy server as the install is now restarting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
three restarts later, the system is up and running.....

Untitled.jpg

Reaction score
Good one, Grizzly.
Curiosity. That message on the bottom. Is that a normal thing..or? (I am not currently an insider)

Reaction score
Good one, Grizzly.
Curiosity. That message on the bottom. Is that a normal thing..or? (I am not currently an insider)
yepp, is normal, not only in the insider versions but the normal releases as well. Take a look in the "about" section (Settings -> System -> About)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to installing it.
The first part (pre-restart) seemed to take longer than usual, but....
The last part (post-restart) was well under 30 minutes promised, more like 20 or so on some very old (lame) hardware.

Anyone else notice that in spite of checking both boxes in Colors to show on taskbar and title bars, my color choice does not show on any app title bar.
Standard 32bit applications yes.
Store apps no.

Reaction score
Mine seem to be showing up. I picked Purple so it would be different from my Theme and everything is purple now. :confused:

I just checked one of the colors and then the two boxes, Start,taskbar and Title bars.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Damn.....
Let me try purple.
Nope same results.

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
I should add, on Apps there does not seem to be a title bar but the outline does change color. I don't suppose there is a way to make the outline wider than 1 pixel?

Colors.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks like the title bar does not go all the way across as you can see from the attachment in my prior post. Only the back arrow and windows size options are highlighted.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The title bar is there, it's just invisible.
My primary concern is that I often use the Title Bar, when dragging windows around on the screen or from screen to screen and or a quick double click of any blank area of the title bar to max or min the window.

Having it's location clearly defined by a color (any color) provides a target for my mouse cursor and prevents a missed guess as to where it is actually at.

Pretty sure you can't use the windows control icon area for dragging windows about

Also just sent feedback, we'll see if it gets any upvotes at all or if they otherwise pay attention to my post. I sent an image along with the feedback.
https://aka.ms/Xavuj0

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This behavior that I'm seeing now (by default) with respect to the Settings App and it's sub-applets, is exactly how it looks if you have the settings window open along side another window and you click the other window and take focus away from the settings window.
The color goes away from the title bar.
So, my guess is that something isn't exactly right with how it is working out of the box.

Reaction score
It does appear it is the active window which gets the color. I don't pay a lot of attention to it but it does get very confusing when you have nested windows and you can't tell which one is which when they are behind but showing.

Upvote done ,,, Maybe we should be able to assign different colors to different windows or some difference could be designated.

I have been fighting the drag to top to make full screen since Win 7. Since double clicking is easier, I always wanted to drag to top to expand vertically only.... The thin line around the window does help some, if you look for it. It is just too thin..

Reaction score
Oh, and they sent me a free Wallpaper for some reason. Perhaps, since I only put this new system in the Insider's program three weeks ago, may it actually found the bug.... :))

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Maybe we should be able to assign different colors to different windows or some difference could be designated.
Seems to me that I remember a time, maybe XP days or before, where we could actually do just that. Pick a color of choice for title bars and various other elements of the Windows OS.

I think now that I've looked closer at this issue, I've decided that their overall application of the concept of title bars with respect to color is completely crap.

Some apps in addition to the whole settings app, display this issue.
Some apps use the color I've chosen like everything is completely OK.
Some apps have their own (for lack of a better word) "Theme" and apply a color to the title bar area, regardless of what you choose.
AND
Apparently every full blown Win32 application, from File Explorer on works perfectly from what I can tell with the choice I've made for title bar color.

Reaction score
I looks like they have released 17134.1 to the slow ring and speculation is Tuesday is Public release.

I was really hoping they would have released it yesterday... That would have very good for the Insider group moral.

Ask a Question