Build 17134.1 is downloading...

Reaction score
I foolishly allowed Windows to update Windows Defender that I do not use but causes me nothing but grief. Two of my working programs gave a lot of trouble after that update so I had to remove them and reinstall. How can I get rid of Windows Defender?

Reaction score
I foolishly allowed Windows to update Windows Defender that I do not use but causes me nothing but grief. Two of my working programs gave a lot of trouble after that update so I had to remove them and reinstall. How can I get rid of Windows Defender?

Well, if you do not have a third party AV program, you ARE using windows defender, if you want or not. You may be able to disable all the services that are connected to Windows Defender (if windows lets you do that).
Although I have had never a problem concerning programs that were not working anymore or acting weirdly...

Reaction score
I use BitDefender, MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware and I had no trouble with these until the Windows Defender update. Macrium Reflect locked up also.

Reaction score
It looks like the sound is still a little messed up. This has been happening using just the Window User Interface but now, the Settings-System-Sound is doing the same thing.

What is it doing, you ask? Well, say you are listening to music on a Bluetooth headset. You just happen to open the Sound settings and the Music stops playing in the headset. Close the Sound settings and the music comes back.

If you are using internal or wired speakers, the music does not stop playing through those devices. I suppose it is somehow related to the fact Bluetooth and USB audio devices do no go through the onboard audio processors..

It can be really annoying... after some messing around, the sound stops on the headset but will continue on the speakers.

It seems it was working yesterday, so perhaps the Bios Update I received is involved.

Reaction score
There is now some talk about delaying the public build until May 8th. Could be just talk but if that does turn out to be the case, possibly another Insider Build would be released soon?

Ask a Question