SOLVED Webcam image upside down

Reaction score
When I finished installing Windows 10 to my ASUS Windows 7 laptop, I noticed that any app
that required Webcam use would show my image upside down. Is there a fix for this, such as
a device driver, etc.? I will continue to check ASUS for an answer.

All help is greatly appreciated.:(

Bif

Reaction score
Can you go into your webcam settings and see if you can rotate the image?..perhaps something got discombobulated in the upgrade as far as settings go.That would be what I would try first as if it was a driver issue you would likely have no image at all upside down or otherwise.

Reaction score
I can't find any Webcam settings that allow me to make the proper adjustment
from upside down to right-side up. I really like Windows 10 thus far but the
upside down image screen on the webcam will not due. I may have to go back
to Windows 7.:mad:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If that is the only problem you are experiencing with Windows 10..... It may be a simple driver issue.
Have you checked with ASUS support website to see if they have an updated driver for your specific webcam for that computer?

Reaction score
In some cases the adjustments are in the app. But there may also be drivers which set a basic operating condition.

Which model of ASUS laptop is it? Maybe we can find a driver or an answer.

Do you have the camera available for a particular app by setting it to on in the Privacy area-camera?

If you open the control panel, right click the start button and select Control Panel, is there anything there related to the camera?

Bif

Reaction score
I wonder if you went into device manager and clicked on the webcam in the list and uninstalled the driver,reboot and let faithful MS install it again (if they offered a generic one) if that might work..if Asus fails to have one on their site I do know that there are a few open source (source forge) ones that are purported to be a one size fits all...Im a tad skeptical of that claim but if options are few it might be worth a try.

myt

Reaction score
I wonder if you went into device manager and clicked on the webcam in the list and uninstalled the driver,reboot and let faithful MS install it again (if they offered a generic one) if that might work..if Asus fails to have one on their site I do know that there are a few open source (source forge) ones that are purported to be a one size fits all...Im a tad skeptical of that claim but if options are few it might be worth a try.

Not to hijack a thread or nothing. I just thought while were discussing the web cam problem. I have a device conflict between the web cam and usb wi-fi adapter. Cam won't work with adapter enabled. Any suggestion on where to look first. It must be in resources and to assign a different irq or something.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Might be helpful if you could advise as to the particulars regarding the webcam as well as the wifi adapter you are using.
Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number, etc., etc.
Most reasonably new plug and play devices do not suffer from IRQ conflicts. Perhaps there might be a driver issue?

Ask a Question