SOLVED Weird Errors

Reaction score
Using Windows 10, when I check my email in gmail I get two different errors (This Site Can't Be Reached and Your Connection Is Not Private) when clicking on links within those emails. If I x out of the error and click the link again I get directed properly to where the link was supposed to go in the first place. See attached pics of the error's. Whats causing this?? Thank you in advance for helping me!!
ErrorsFromEmail.png
errorFromEmail1.png

Regedit32

Reaction score
Judging by the images you posted, you in one case atleast ( second image ) were using Google Chrome browser and your link in email opened into a Chrome browser session.

If that is the case, click the more icon at top right corner of Chrome browser and choose Settings

Now on left side click Advanced then select Privacy and security

Now in main window, click Sync and Google services to expand it

I suspect you'll see in the expanded list, the option Help improve Chrome security is turned on, and its possibly that which is triggering the alerts. Keep in mind though, the links you are clicking may indeed contain third party ads, or injected scripts that are potentially not good for your computer, so whilst turning off the Chrome security option might stop that issue you mentioned, it will make things less secure.

Reaction score
Judging by the images you posted, you in one case atleast ( second image ) were using Google Chrome browser and your link in email opened into a Chrome browser session.

If that is the case, click the more icon at top right corner of Chrome browser and choose Settings

Now on left side click Advanced then select Privacy and security

Now in main window, click Sync and Google services to expand it

I suspect you'll see in the expanded list, the option Help improve Chrome security is turned on, and its possibly that which is triggering the alerts. Keep in mind though, the links you are clicking may indeed contain third party ads, or injected scripts that are potentially not good for your computer, so whilst turning off the Chrome security option might stop that issue you mentioned, it will make things less secure.
That fixed it....thanks so much!!

Ask a Question