Weird password behavior

Reaction score
I've been trying to create a new I-Cloud e-mail address and noticed, under Settings>e-mail, that after I enter the password for the new address and close it the entry changes. The entered pw has 10 digits and after I close it it changes to about 15. The entry isn't visible but clearly something has changed and there's a message at the site to "fix". Maybe this is why I can't get the new address to work.
I hope this problem belongs in this forum and isn't some Apple glitch.

Thanks

Reaction score
firstly check that if Icloud is working or not.
secondly, restart your system.
the third point to remember check your wifi connection to be good.

Reaction score
Additionally, some sites that require passwords will not only hide the characters entered but also 'pad' the password with extra characters which is supposed to help in preventing guessing of what was typed. Some programs and sites also put an eye/eyebrow at the right end of the box which when clicked and held will temporarily show what was typed.

Reaction score
After many hours with this, trying to establish an I-Cloud e-mail I called Costco concierge, who quickly referred me to Apple. It also took considerable time but problem in establishing an I-Cloud email was that the Apple account was linked to my g-mail account, requiring deleting the whole mess and starting from scratch. Strangely, after finally getting the I-cloud e-mail established I asked about the password behavior and was told to disregard this because it had to do with Outlook, which I hadn't installed.
To continue my shaggy dog story, my need for a second e-mail stems from a subscription to Netflix. For some inexplicable reason they were unable to reach me on my g-mail account. On my search,I discovered other folks had had the same issue.
Anyway, thanks all for your replies.

Arnold

Ask a Question