Weird Windows Loading Problem

Reaction score
I am using the latest Windows 10 version with all updates installed. The display monitor is connected to the laptop through a DisplayPort. When I start up my system or restart it, the desktop gets stuck at welcome screen with a black suare box in the lower-middle part, but can be retrieved immediately through refreshing using mouse.

This problem doesn't happen in Windows 11.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am using the latest Windows 10 version with all updates installed. The display monitor is connected to the laptop through a DisplayPort. When I start up my system or restart it, the desktop gets stuck at welcome screen with a black suare box in the lower-middle part, but can be retrieved immediately through refreshing using mouse.

Any ideas?
Is the computer being dual-booted between Win10 and Win11?

An issue can happen when using the additional ports such as DP and HDMI in drivers not being loaded by Windows fast enough or recognizing the Fx key setting to show both monitors available.

Reaction score

Any ideas?
Is the computer being dual-booted between Win10 and Win11?
Just was curious as 2 different Operating Systems were mention but no information about the computers themselves except for laptop.

Ask a Question