What's this box on top of my MS edge pages?

Reaction score
I've been using Win10 since its inception without any problems - but now I have to contend with a new box that appears on top of every page on Edge. It seems that when I type in a title for a search, the box appears on the top with the title and other unrelated junk. I've tried to remove or change it without success. The main problem is, it and any other boxes that appear occupy about the top 25% of the screen. It seems that this appearance originated from one of my recent updates. Does anyone have any idea how to eliminate this silly and unwanted invasion?

Reaction score
This a snip of what I get the moment I click on your site

Reaction score
Sorry, I cannot emulate your problem. I'll try a few alterations in the set up. But that looks like an MSN page. Try changing your home page to something else. I recommend a google home page.

Reaction score
If you mean the small box to the left of the word Start, that comes up with my Edge on the first or Start page when Edge is opened, there usually is no URL/Address in the bar.

EDIT: As soon as I set a particular Web page as my Home Page [National Weather Service forecast] that box no longer showed.

Last edited:

Ask a Question