Where do I begin?

Reaction score
My numeric keypad no longer works with the update. I had to manually remove the ELAN keyboard in order to get my letters and top row numbers working, but the keypad still isn't working. I also had to remove the touchpad software the updated with in order to get the touchpad working. How do I get the numeric keypad on the right to work again?

I have an ASUS U57A.

Reaction score
Try editing your post to indicate the problem and perhaps a monitor will answer the question. Bump.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Klsy and welcome to the forum.
Where do I begin?
It would seem, that if you go here http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=U57A
And use the drop down to select the OS and use both 8 and 8.1 you'll find any number of drivers that you may need to get and install in order to stabilize you computer, not the least of which...
[Please update ATK Package V1.0.0020 or later in advance]
Which I think you'll find under utilities.

I would definitely consider what they have to offer in the way of updates, starting with BIOS (be very careful and confirm that you are getting the proper firmware for your specific computer).
AND
Continuing with Chipset (intel INF) along with the two additional intel items under "other".

Read the available notes, as you might find that you need to do something beforehand (like uninstalling the previous version).

Performing a major Operating System upgrade is a huge undertaking and some pre-prep can often take some of the pain out of the process.

I would like to suggest that after updating everything to the latest available drivers from the system manufacturer, everything will be clear sailing and you'll have no further problems.
I'd like to but I can't.
There are just too many variables involved with software and hardware to predict that you'll even be able to resolve some of the more simple basic problems, and you may find that rolling back to your previous Operating System may be the best of available alternatives.
Sometimes waiting, watching and listening to what others may be experiencing is a good way to determine if the upgrade is right for you.

Ask a Question