Whereabouts Is The Solitaire Collection Executable Located

Reaction score
Hi, I use a distraction blocking program - coldturkey - which I find quite handy. I would like to block the solitaire collection from 8-6. To do this I need to point coldturkey at solitaire.exe (or whatever it is called) and set it to block. However I cannot find any executable for solitaire. Maybe it has another name? If someone can let me know what to point coldturkey to that would be great

thanks, Gregh

Reaction score
I don't know if it will help, but it all originates from here:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_8wekyb3d8bbwe

I save this whole folder regularly, to preserve my "awards".

Reaction score
I don't know if it will help, but it all originates from here:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_8wekyb3d8bbwe

I save this whole folder regularly, to preserve my "awards".
thanks Dave - I have looked around in that folder but can't find anything that works. Not sure what the problem is

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can not launch most if any Universal Apps by double clicking their executable.
When I try
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.7.1041.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Solitaire.exe
I get

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can not launch most if any Universal Apps by double clicking their executable.
When I try
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.7.1041.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Solitaire.exe
I get

View attachment 2401
thanks, try as I might I cannot access that - even after resetting the permissions to allow 'read' which is what the dialogue asked me to do. Maybe I have to reboot.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep.... I had to take ownership of the WindowsApp folder and cascade it down to subfolders and file to even get there.
Afterwards I returned it to TrustedInstaller and cascade that down as it was before.

Reaction score
Yep.... I had to take ownership of the WindowsApp folder and cascade it down to subfolders and file to even get there.
Afterwards I returned it to TrustedInstaller and cascade that down as it was before.
thanks for your help on this as it does enable me to block solitaire - using coldturkey I could take the path you gave above and put that into a blocklist and it worked fine. Really appreciate the time you put in to help me
thanks again,
gregh

Reaction score
I have always used the built in Parental Control in Windows 10, for this purpose.
I had a look at "coldturkey", after reading this thread. Quite interesting and easy to use.

Reaction score
The simplest answer is to create a shortcut to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sol.exe and move it to your start menu. You're welcome.

Ask a Question