White Borders Around Album Art

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a problem that is driving me bat $h!T CRAZY! I love my music collection and have everything organized exactly the way I like and it's been that way for years. Ever since I upgraded to Win 10 from 7, half of my folders in my music folder have white borders around the artwork. Below is an example. I tried using Disk Cleanup to clear the thumbnail cache but my music is stored on a separate partition. It wont let me select clear thumbnail cache for that drive. Maybe that's not the issue at all. I don't know. I also have tried removing the artwork from those albums and replacing them and that didn't work either. Can someone please help?
Question.png

Reaction score
Nevermind, I solved it. I think it has something to do with thumbnail data being embeded in the folder. I know in older versions the thumbnail data was a hidden file in the folder. Not the case here but whatever. All I did was cut the contents and pasted them in a new folder, deleted the old folder and renamed the new one. Stupid problem. Yay.

Reaction score
Hi, I am having trouble with this issue as well moving all of my old files to the new machine...and also with creating new music files and folders. I tried your solution of create new folder, drag,delete,rename and it comes out with MULTIPLE folder image INSTEAD of Just One image as it has in the past for me...In the past I would just drag the folder back into WMP and PROBLEM SOLVED...One nice big image (unless there are folders within folder such as a multi-disk album) ... I try to do this now and it reverts back to the NASTY white border that I neeeed removed for aesthetic purposes none-the-less.
Please help with another solution to FIX that because I am worse than 'bat $h!T CRAZY!' as you say you are :)
Thanks,
J

Ask a Question