White screen in Windows 10

Reaction score
Hi

Was using windows 10 with no issues next morning switched my pc and got a white screen with writing on it, please see doc attached.

Many Thanks

Rickey.

Attachments

• IMG_2753.jpg
    IMG_2753.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 1,034
Reaction score
Hi Rick Welcome. I'm not sure but it appears that Windows Defender smart screen is turned ON and blocking unrecognized apps, malicious sites and websites.
You can check the settings and reset the smart screen filter to "Warn"
Click on Windows Defender > Apps & Browser Control, set the buttons to "warn"

Reaction score
Hi Rickey, did you solve this?, I have the same thing, it happened immediately after today's windows 10 update, it says it is the SmartScreen and clicking on things seems to relate to Cortuna and ease of access. I have two screens and it appears on the primary one (unplugging the second one gives me the completely white screen as the picture). The screen covers everything, it apprears that I can access programmes from the second screen but they pop up behind the white screen so I cannot do anything (settings or task bar). This is the only thing on the net I have found referencing this, hoping for some good advice. Computer is a HP Pavillion desktop and I have a Nvida video card in it. Best wishes, Paul

Ask a Question