SOLVED Why does my WhatsApp text (on Win10) go blurred, unless I click on it? ["NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000" graphics card with 4K screen]

Reaction score
Hello

Is it normal for some of my Windows10 panes - particularly WhatsApp (application on Windows) - for the text to become rather blurred... but that is goes sharp again as soon as I click on it?

Fwiw, I am using a NVIDIA - Quadro RTX 4000 8GB graphics card on a 4K screen, running at 4K resolution, and using Windows Scaling of 175%.

J

delme-monitor.jpg

Reaction score
using Windows Scaling of 175%
Hi Ship69,

is a scaling of 175% the recommended setting?. I would play around with that first (drop to 125% as an example) as I can only imagine it is too high?????. :)

Reaction score
Hi Ship69,

is a scaling of 175% the recommended setting?. I would play around with that first (drop to 125% as an example) as I can only imagine it is too high?????. :)

Since you ask "150%" seems to be the recommended setting. However that results in text - all over Windows - that is uncomfortably small to read. :(

1592820373418.png

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
THB, I don't really understand the question.

I need a decent graphics card to drive my 4K screen. I am using a powerful graphics card because I am using CAD software (SolidWorks).

J
I just wanted to make sure.....I've seen a lot of users get those cards for gaming....a big no no.

Reaction score
Open Settings > Ease of Access and you can change the text size there!. :)

View attachment 11963

OK, I am I experimenting with using the Settings ==> Ease of Access ==> Make text bigger.

Unfortunately it seems to only make SOME of the text in Windows bigger.
e.g. In Outlook emails (at 100% zoom) the text seems v small, but the listings (e.g. From:, To:, Subject etc) are large.

I'll see if it's something I can live with. :confused:

More later

J

Reaction score
There is also "Make everything bigger" as well!. :) Play around with the settings a bit. ;)

Reaction score
There is also "Make everything bigger" as well!. :) Play around with the settings a bit. ;)

No, sadly the "Make everything bigger" is the master windows Scaling that I have already adjusted. For my setup the "recommended" is 150%. So far it is working moderately well, although odd things are odd sizes!

1592903618624.png

Reaction score
Try dropping the size by 10% steps until you reach something acceptable to you!. ;)

Do you have the latest drivers for your GPU?. :)

Reaction score
Have you tried the Clear type adjustment?
If you need - Type clear type in the search box. switch it on and as you work through the offers, select the most suitable - usually the darkest.

Reaction score
Try dropping the size by 10% steps until you reach something acceptable to you!. ;)

Do you have the latest drivers for your GPU?. :)

I have just updated my drivers (it was only a couple of week out of date in any case). Watch this space.

Reaction score
Have you tried the Clear type adjustment?
If you need - Type clear type in the search box. switch it on and as you work through the offers, select the most suitable - usually the darkest.
I have just tried that too. Thank you. More later!

J

Reaction score
No. That failed! I am still getting blurred text on WhatApp. It's VERY odd. Only part of the text is blurred. It changes when you mouse-over.

1593007882188.png

But it changes from minute to minute!
1593007966668.png

Just taking a screenshot seems to make it worse!
delme-003.jpg

Any thoughts?

J

Reaction score
Hi Ship69,

have you tried resetting your monitor?, press the menu button on your monitor and look for the reset setting. Also, is the herz-rate set to auto or is it set to something like 70MHz?. :)

Reaction score
Hi Ship69,

have you tried resetting your monitor?, press the menu button on your monitor and look for the reset setting. Also, is the herz-rate set to auto or is it set to something like 70MHz?. :)

The strange thing is that it is ONLY WhatsApp that seems to keep going blurry... only in various in areas of the screen at a time, and only on a temporary basis.

But since you ask, here are some settings from the monitor's menu:

delme--6.jpg

delme--4.jpg

delme--5.jpg

I cant see anything that sounds like a reset (??)

Reaction score
Is this a laptop or a normal PC?. Every monitor has a reset function key somewhere, you just need to check every settings window if it is a normal PC. :)

Reaction score
Is this a laptop or a normal PC?. Every monitor has a reset function key somewhere, you just need to check every settings window if it is a normal PC. :)

No, it's a normal PC with a powerful graphics card (NVIDIA Quadro RTX4000). Would the settings be on the monitor itself? I don't want to mess with the graphics card software unless I have to as from memory it had to be specially set up to not be in games mode so as to work correctly with my CAD (SolidWorks).

It's v odd. It ONLY affects WhatsApp, no other applications. I have reinstalled WhatApp but same problem.

Reaction score
It's v odd. It ONLY affects WhatsApp, no other applications
Hi Ship69,

if it is only affecting WhatsApp, I wouldn't worry too much about adjusting your monitor!. That said, it is always handy to know how to do that!. What make and model is it?.

Keep your eyes open for a newer version of WA and that may solve the problem?.

Have you checked their FAQ's?.

https://www.whatsapp.com/ :)

Ask a Question