SOLVED Mouse does not respond to control

Reaction score
I have tried 4 different mice on my computer, 3 wireless and one wired. One of them is brand new. I do not have control over any of them, they just seem to wander all over the screen at random. I guess that the problem is in the programming somewhere. Any suggestions where to look?

Reaction score
I'm using a desktop. The latest version of Windows just DL Sunday evening. The mouse was working fine until this morning. Originally, I thought the batteries were running down, because the mouse gets erratic when that happens, but new batteries didn't change it.

Reaction score
One thing that has helped my clients is to shut the computer down and pull the power cord from it, wait several seconds then plug back in and try again. Breaking that power/ground connection seems to 'normalize' things.

Reaction score
Worth a try. I'll do it now and let you know. This is annoying. It takes several trys to get the cursor to settle where I want it.

Reaction score
One thing that has helped my clients is to shut the computer down and pull the power cord from it, wait several seconds then plug back in and try again. Breaking that power/ground connection seems to 'normalize' things.
Seems to be working fine now. Apparently your clients got it right. Many thanks. Now I can play games again.

Reaction score
Good, got to have the games, I mostly use the 'old' Win7/8 Mahjong.

Reaction score
I know it is marked as solved but I have had another thought, what graphics card (GPU) do you have and do you have the latest drivers installed?. :)

Ask a Question