Why Does Solitaire Collection Work On My PC But Now Not On Laptop?

Reaction score
I have been playing Solitaire Collection on my laptop with no problems for quite a while but suddenly each game opens then loads an advert which starts with the close screen which I X out or whatever - try the game again and get another (or the same) advert close screen. I found I can play all Solitaire Collection on my PC no problem. If it's something off on my laptop any ideas how to correct. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, resetting the app and wsreset.exe - nothing has corrected it - any help/advice will be welcome.

Reaction score
One place to start is to press Windows key + R then type dxdiag in the dialog box and press/click Enter on BOTH machines, check if both are using the same version DirectX. If not might have to update one to match the other. However the video adapter of one may not support the latest or same as on the other.

Reaction score
Which part of the collection are you playing? I am an enthusiastic player of the "Daily Challenges" I have no wish to subscribe, so have to endure the initial popup advert. I just let them run until my requested game comes up - usually about 30 seconds.
Not sure what you mean by your reference to "1X" I have the program, by default, on a couple of quite different machines, all working 100%.
I don't really know if the directx version is significant? Windows 10, I would imagine, loads the latest available. fwiw. you can just open the start and type dxdiag.

Ask a Question