WIN 10 64 bit crash

Reaction score
My desktop is starting to crash once a day for the last 3 days? I get weird noises and a black screen that looks like an old VCR Tape player flickering and then a message on a blue screen saying it's a video TDR Failure? I updated my OS last week to Version 21H1 just in case that is the problem? I don't know if this is related but my internet gets disconnected every few days Sometimes I can restart my computer and other times if that doesn't work I turn off my router for a little while with its power cord out, then plug it in again and start it up. I have updated the display and network adapter drivers. Any ideas I could try to fix this once and for all? Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A quick google using video TDR failure as the search term give several answers. Looks like the first thing to try is to get a new driver for your PC's video. Maybe the troubleshooter in W10 can fix it.

probably nothing to do with the router

Reaction score
I updated the graphics card! I hope that will do it? (It's never been updated as far as I know?) I'm sure it has something to do with the router as well because sometimes I can restart the computer and still have no internet? But when I turn off the router, take the power cord out then press on for a few seconds to empty the capacitors and restart it again, I get the internet back every time. Maybe it's two problems? Anyway, it's too early to see if this update has fixed it?

Reaction score
All I was saying is that the router is a different problem from the graphics.

What make of router? Is it yours or from the ISP?

Ask a Question