Win 10 Login

Reaction score
After many failed attempts to update 8.0 to 8.1 I decided to try to load Win 10 before scrapping my laptop. I went for a completely clean load; allowing the install to remove everything on all drives. The load appeared to work. AT the last step I selected a "single instance" rather than using the preferences stored with my MS Live account. The screen appeared with a rainbow and I was ecstatic. Next the "enter password" screen appeared and I started having concerns because there should be no "password". Once I entered my MS password (not really expecting it to work) a message was displayed to "contact system administrator". I've tried to reboot to get to any mood that would allow me to set up the account but I've had no luck. Is there a "standard" password for dummy's or a method to fix? Your thoughts please.

Reaction score
I have always used my MSD live account, so can only guess that you can, if you are sure you have not entered a password, just press enter.
Don't worry about the Admin message -that was a standard security precaution.

Ask a Question