Win 10 Registration with MS

Reaction score
Hi Win 10 Folks. I've got a bit of a poser. MS are chasing me for 'registration' with an e-mail addreess that they can sync with. I DO NOT have any e-mail address that is tethered to my ISP. My original ISP was Tiscali; TalkTalk took them over; I registered an e-mail address with them, but paid my account by monthly Direct Debit, as it was an 'all-in-one' contract. So for ALL my e-mail communication, I logon as webmail with Tiscali, Talk Talk & Gmail. I've no wish to open the Win 10 mailing service etc. (I have a Facebook a/c) So how can I satisfy MS. I tried to register with a different Talk Talk a/c on MS, but then found out that you had to be with Talk Talk to do that. I've tried various new addresses, but MS keep saying 'cannot sync' that address. What can I do? I get the updates from MS ok &, so far, they install.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
chasing me for 'registration' with an e-mail addreess that they can sync with
I'm not quite clear as to what you mean by this.
Can you clarify possibly where or under what circumstances you are being "chased"?
When you installed Windows 10 did you configure it with a local user account?

Reaction score
I'm not quite clear as to what you mean by this.
Can you clarify possibly where or under what circumstances you are being "chased"?
When you installed Windows 10 did you configure it with a local user account?
Well, that's the problem. I'm not sure what MS are after either. When They installed Win10 I just skipped the registration. Later I tried to open a talktalk email address for them, which seemed to be accepted by win10, but I cannot create the mail-box with Talktalk. So, in essence, MS may be sending messages to this mailbox which I cannot open. Any clearer?

Ask a Question