Win 10 Stopping at Black Screen Blue Flag

Reaction score
Trying to update to Win 10 on Hp M7570n with Win 7 sp1 installed. Get to BLACK SCREEN with BLUE Flag and locks up. Will not proceed. I can shut it off and restart and it restores to Win 7, but that's no help. Tried 3 times. I believe someone else posted the same problem but can't find now.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Use the Get Windows 10 icon (GWX.exe) icon in the bottom right corner of your screen (notification area) to check you PC for compatibility issues.

Reaction score
Hi Jeff I have exactly the same problem. I tried installation via the Get Windows 10 notification button, via the ISO disk and via the USB flash drive. All these attempts ended on the first boot in win 10 mode. It installs files on disk then black screen with Win 10 logo (blue window flag). the only next thing it allows is to proceed with a hard start then a message tells us that the installation failed due to an error with the BOOT operator. Error code: OxC1900101-Ox20017.
It seems that no one is able to help us so far.

Reaction score
Hi Jeff I have exactly the same problem. I tried installation via the Get Windows 10 notification button, via the ISO disk and via the USB flash drive. All these attempts ended on the first boot in win 10 mode. It installs files on disk then black screen with Win 10 logo (blue window flag). the only next thing it allows is to proceed with a hard start then a message tells us that the installation failed due to an error with the BOOT operator. Error code: OxC1900101-Ox20017.
It seems that no one is able to help us so far.
I spent about 10 hours on the phone with various levels of Microsoft tech. And the last 5 with their top level tech. After those 5 hours all he could come up with is that my computer was too old and HP has not and will not be updating the necessary drivers and updated Bois. Therefore it is a waste of time to continue. I had him check my other Dell computer with almost the same results, it's about 4 1/2 years old. It had Windows 7 on it when new. He stated that Dell update had not been issued for it yet, but may be at a later date. SO, we are shit out of luck!

Ask a Question