SOLVED Win 10 vs Google

Reaction score
Often thought about it myself. But with windows, you have a bit more control over your folders and tracking
than google. I think google are bit too intrusive with your data, but I could be wrong. The laptops are smaller
and light and quick, but there's hardly anything running on them like the microsoft ones,also the life of the
machine is less, just wish the windows ones were less expensive. But that's my opinion and I hope someone
else drops by and helps you out here.

Reaction score
Yes, there is a Google OS, also Google Chromebook Notebooks. With Windows-based and Linux-based, maybe macOS computers Google Chrome is a Web browser like Edge, Firefox, Opera, Vivaldi, Brave, SeaMonkey and others.

Reaction score
I am interested. Browsing only comes up with Chrome notebooks. I cannot find anything called a google OS.
Can you post a link?

Reaction score
I am interested. Browsing only comes up with Chrome notebooks. I cannot find anything called a google OS.
Can you post a link?
Sorry, late night, mistyped. It's Chrome OS.

But my mind says Google and Chrome are bedfellows.

Reaction score
No Prob. But, going back to the thread title, it is very difficult to compare a search/os (?), which operate on quite different machines. The suggestion there is - which is the better computer?

Reaction score
I don't know if better is a good comparison but maybe more compatible? I have a small older Chromebook as well as machines running Linux Mint, WinXP, Win7, Win10, Win11 and recently given an older Apple iMac All-in-One. The productive programs one needs to use can be an issue especially with creating documents to share with others. I like the freebies such as VLC and LibreOffice which are available cross-platform. The compatible part can apply to Apple in the keyboards used, different labels and combinations from what Windows and Linux use.

Reaction score
I should not have asked such an open question...my fault.

I asked the question because I am absolutely paranoid about privacy. I wish to keep every thing on my computer, no clouds, no One Drive, etc... unless I explicitly take action to distribute it. My reference point is that of using Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers/search engines. Depending on which camp you are in, there seems to be talk about which is worse regarding mining and selling your information - any of it. I was trying to get to a point where I could determine which was the better of the two from the privacy perspective. I'm not sophisticated enough to switch to Linux or similar alternative so, I was looking for some feedback from the Forum.

Apologies for asking an open question.

If anyone has any comments I will be pleased to read them. If not...I understand.

Neinstein

Reaction score
It's a good question to be honest. Often thought about having a Chrome laptop, but I value my privacy, they may have the ruling when it comes to Chrome, but I'm afraid I find google intrusive. I had a small tablet with it on and google always made a point of wanting it's apps to have access to firefox, which I found odd and an privacy issue.

Reaction score
Thank you Iceboy. I appreciate opinions from others.

AS you mentioned in your reply, I have the same problem with Google always trying to inject feature I don't want and some don't know about. Google is always trying to get me to download an app.

I running a Dell with Windows 10 OS. I also have an iPad with iOS. I have the same problems with the iPad.

I'm thinking about switching to Microsoft Edge and Bing. I suspect that there will be similar issues, but to what degree...I'll have to fined out. I just can't handle this BS anymore. I spend most of my time correcting problems not of my making (I make enough of those), and maintaining a safe operating environment.

I really appreciate your comments!

Neinstein

Reaction score
On Win10 try the Brave browser with DuckDuckGo as your search engine. Edge and Bing will certainly collect and save information and follow you around the web.
Try the DuckDuckGo app on the iPad. Nothing is perfect but you can limit what you put out there.

Reaction score
I've started having a problem with firefox, although I trust it better than the others, I'd like to know how duckduckgo manages to set a cookie in private browsing, when firefox says no cookies are set. Altough it's a small amount, it's worrying how it gets through. Usually it's bytes in the cache, but recently it begun to change to megabytes on start up or in browsing.

Reaction score
I use "empty temp" tool to delete cookies
works very well on 10 and 11 os systems

Reaction score
I have found what keeps setting cookies in my private browser, it's google youtube for some reason and I
never use it. My only answer is that, I use google mail. But I'm still baffled as to how it does it.

Reaction score
Often thought about it myself. But with windows, you have a bit more control over your folders and tracking
than google. I think google are bit too intrusive with your data, but I could be wrong. The laptops are smaller
and light and quick, but there's hardly anything running on them like the microsoft ones,also the life of the
machine is less, just wish the windows ones were less expensive. But that's my opinion and I hope someone
else drops by and helps you out here.
Thank you Iceboy. I will be considering your valuable comments with others I receive.

Reaction score
I have found what keeps setting cookies in my private browser, it's google youtube for some reason and I
never use it. My only answer is that, I use google mail. But I'm still baffled as to how it does it.
A very interesting bit of information.

Ask a Question