SOLVED Issue between Win 10 update and Google Chrome?

Reaction score
The only things happening at the same time were 2004 update to Windows 10 and inability to open my Google Chrome browser without re-logging in to all apps, including gmail. The Chrome account in upper right says the sync is paused. It is possible Chrome updated at the same time, but don't know which update is causing the problem.

Reaction score
Chrome just updated itself, so what would be the advantage of doing this?
And if I did this, would it keep the things I already have saved in the settings?

Reaction score
It will overwrite the current one you have installed but should keep all the settings. Do a back-up of your settings for that just in case scenario!. ;)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
It is possible Chrome updated at the same time, but don't know which update is causing the problem.
It's possible but very very unlikely.

Chrome just updated itself, so what would be the advantage of doing this?
Simple, because for what ever reason(s), software can and does become corrupt. To many variables to account for to isolate it to a single event. Usually when there is this type of problem....a simple uninstall of Chrome and a fresh copy is downloaded and installed just works best.

I'm afraid to. Sorry.
A lot of people have doubts when it comes to issues like this. I would go into chrome settings and any bookmarks you have save to your Doc's folder (it's where I save mine). Then do the same for your passwords.....save to flash drive (it's what I do). Then make sure your signed into chrome and re-enable sync. Now go ahead and uninstall Chrome.

Now use Edge Chromium to download Google Chrome, Once installed sign in to Chrome as you normally would and all your settings should be there. That is the sole purpose of signing in and having Sync on, so all your settings are right back as you left them.

Reaction score
Things seems to have corrected themselves in the last couple weeks. I don't know what happened. Had to be update from either Chrome or Windows.

Ask a Question