SOLVED Win 10 vs Google

Reaction score
As I have received quite a bit of information and suggestions to try out, I will mark this thread as "Solved". I really don't believe there is "a" solution, but the decisions will lie with each individual user. I thank everyone for sharing their thoughts and experiences. You have certainly given me much to experiment with.

Reaction score
Well which ever system you pick, I hope it's the right one. Whether you are ruled by google or microsoft, remember they're all about data, you're data. You can use privacy badger on most browsers that will block most trackers, and Ublock, but most websites don't like you using these becase they want your data and probably won't let let you purchase things. Some won't give you a choice to not let their trackers be be blocked and it's either yes or no on some banners. So it's not just google or microsoft, facebook have a thing called facebook pixel embeded in most sites, which will follow you around and even see your till reciept, and facebooks tracking cookie is a first party cookie. So it's not just a queston of choosing between the big boys, it's a choice of whether you can allow yourself to be followed by every Tom Dick or Harry. So study what will protect you to a certain extent and you will find a balance that works for you..Remember, which ever browser you use clear your cookies before you exit, most do it automactically.So the choice is yours Neinstein, mine is microsoft.:)

Reaction score
I wonder if I could dual boot this on my Windows 11 computer, so I could see if it works. I always wanted an operating system that would do nothing but run what I install. The problem is that I always find that simple operating systems won't open all my stuff.

Ask a Question