Google Chrome/Windows 10

Reaction score
Hello there...I am new
Here is the problem.I had Chrome installed on my windows 10 Laptop. It stopped functioning..I dis installed it..( which took forever). Now,when I try to reinstall....it WILL NOT. It just says "installing"....and goes on forever without actually installing Chrome.??
I have Edge, which is not as good...and Opera as well. But I want Chrome. Any help would be appreciated.
I have Mcafee....but I do not think that that is stopping it.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi puppetmaster,

Welcome to the Forum.

Google Chrome works fine in the Windows 10 OS, so based on your opened post, I suspect their may be a resource issue, or possibly you are attempting to install a 64-bit version on a 32-bit OS.

A little more information from you would help:
  • What type of computer are you using? Desktop, Laptop etc
  • How much Ram have you got?
  • How much disk space do you have free?
  • Is your computer architecture 32-bit or 64-bit? [ Right-click Start > click Settings > System > About and look for System type in the window ]

Reaction score
Hi puppetmaster,

Welcome to the Forum.

Google Chrome works fine in the Windows 10 OS, so based on your opened post, I suspect their may be a resource issue, or possibly you are attempting to install a 64-bit version on a 32-bit OS.

A little more information from you would help:
  • What type of computer are you using? Desktop, Laptop etc
  • How much Ram have you got?
  • How much disk space do you have free?
  • Is your computer architecture 32-bit or 64-bit? [ Right-click Start > click Settings > System > About and look for System type in the window ]
Lenovo X250.it is powerfull,64 bit with plenty of space.I had Chrome...it stopped responding.I disinstalled ( not for the first time with Chrome) but now it just will not install.

Reaction score
Lenovo X250.it is powerfull,64 bit with plenty of space.I had Chrome...it stopped responding.I disinstalled ( not for the first time with Chrome) but now it just will not install.
Mind you...i do have a little bug left behind by kaperskey which stops me upgrading Windows 10...never have resolved it

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Mind you...i do have a little bug left behind by kaperskey which stops me upgrading Windows 10...never have resolved it

That's your bottom line and most likely the root cause of all your issues. This is what I would do....I would to a windows 10 reset keeping my data. This will reinstall the OS over top of the current replacing/fixing missing or corrupt system files.

Ask a Question