Win 10 won't start, boot or recover.

Reaction score
Hello. I have an issue with my computer. Today when i started it it got stuck of loading windows, after several restarts Automatic recovery kicks in but even that gets stuck in loading process. I created a new usb bootale drive with media creator, selected to be main boot from bios and after booting from it even that gets stuck in loading (rolling dots). What can i do and what might be the problem?

Thatk you!

Reaction score
One possibility is that the problem computer is still actually booting from the hard drive. Try using different USB port, if possible. Also, some computer will bring up a boot menu when a specific key is pressed, which may help to confirm the it is actually booting from the stick.

Ben

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I created a new usb bootale drive with media creator, selected to be main boot from bios
I suppose it is possible that the USB is not appropriate to boot the troubled system.
It is important that you understand that some machines will not boot from a USB device that has been configured to boot systems with a Legacy BIOS if they require a GPT / UEFI format.
Conversely a USB device that has been configured to boot systems that require a Legacy BIOS format will not boot from a device that has been configured to boot a GPT / UEFI (secure boot) system.
SO....
IF you have boot media configured to boot a GPT / UEFI system it's probably not going to boot a Legacy system
AND
IF you have boot media configured to boot a Legacy system, it's probably not going to boot a GPT / UEFI system

Ask a Question