SOLVED Win color settings and Chrome

Reaction score
So I went out to do some yard work and a couple of hours later I came back in to find that Chrome had changed to a new theme (while it was open). Easy enough to change the but the address bar has remained black with white letters instead of what it was white with black letters (which is what it is in most themes).

I can change it by altering the color setting in Win 10 to high res white but it changes so many colors all over Windows it turned into a mess.

Is there some way to tweak the current Win10 theme? Or if anyone knows how to just change the address bar to white?

I've also tried the following - resetting Chrome extensions, resetting Chrome defaults, resetting some crazy default (windows10-custom-titlebar), checked for virus/malware, uninstall and reinstalled Chrome. Thanks for your help.

Chrome version 74.0.3729.108
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 12
RAM: 16194 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 1846 GB (1500 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0DF42J
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Reaction score
it! This was a Win 10 issue. And why everything changed on its own is beyond me but what fixed it was going into the Win colors setting and checking the default app mode to light.

Ask a Question