Win10 Auto Update

Nod

Reaction score
Win10 auto updated my pc. Lost files book marks, desktop ,shortcuts.
I don't know what else has been lost and I won't know till I hunt for something.
Can you revert back before update.

Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the forum. That is a good question which will require a more knowledgeable person than me to answer. Still, this post will bump you to the top of the list. Have patience, someone will reply soon. There were a lot of new posts today so it has been a little slow dealing with them all.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Before making a bad problem potentially worse, it would probably be a good idea if we knew what you were updated from?
IF you're talking about from a previous version of Windows or from build 10240 to build 10586, then have a look in your Windows.OLD folder and see if it contains a user folder with anything of consequence in it.

Reaction score
Yes, you can revert back if you did an upgrade and not a new install. Go to PC Settings, select Update and, I think, Recovery and it's in there somewhere (I can't tell for sure as I've got rid of the Windows.old folder).

Ask a Question